I'm Katie Benns, an Associate Clinical Mental Health Counselor and graduate of Westminster College in Salt Lake City. I help my clients create successful and satisfying relationships, even if they have trouble communicating and don't know where to start.
I show couples the steps they need to take to transform their negative communication patterns, build an unbreakable bond and finally feel valued and loved. What if you could communicate in a way that allows you and your relationship to thrive, and builds a solid foundation for your future?
I have specific training in Emotionally Focused Therapy, an evidence based therapy for couples. 90% of couples demonstrated significant change with this method, the best results of any couple therapy modality.
I also provide individual therapy for adults who want to improve their overall happiness and satisfaction in life.
I Help Couples ...
- Mend complex issues in their relationship
- Deepen their emotional bond
- Affair proof their marriage
- Manage Separation, Divorce and Remarriage
I Help Individuals ...
- Resolve inner conflicts that contribute to anxiety or depression
- Adjust to marriage & parenting
- Manage post-partum depression
- Face Addictions or Substance abuse
- Struggling with LGBTQ issues
I'd love to talk with you about how I can help,
Hello, I'm Margaret Thompson, founder of The Salt Lake Marital and Family Therapy Clinic. I help individuals and couples resolve interpersonal conflicts and troubling relationship problems. The experience, skills and leading-edge techniques I use have helped my clients for over 35 years.
I offer sensitive, straight-forward feedback within the first three visits. We work together to identify specific and actionable goals based on your unique relationship.
I can help you if you're experiencing self-doubt, depressed mood, relationship problems, or simply an overall dissatisfaction with life.
Couple Therapy Specialties:
- High conflict relationships
- Marital dissatisfaction
- Infidelity- Sexual and Emotional
- Sexual Incompatibility & Lack of Sexual Desire
- Comprehensive Couples Assessments- 4 session assessment process
- Training, Supervision, Consultation
Teaching and Training
I provide clinical supervision and training for therapists and currently teach a couples therapy course for therapists across the United States and Canada. I've presented papers on relationships both nationally and abroad, taught graduate level courses and have published my clinical work.
Please call 801-521-5068 or email me at firstname.lastname@example.org. I'd love to hear from you.
Invited Papers & Talks
- Troubled Youth Conference, "Recovery from Eating Disorders", SLC, Utah
- Univ Neuropsychiatric Institute, "Object Relations Marital Therapy", SLC, Utah
- Jordan School District, "Managing Eating Disorders", SLC, Utah
- Mountainwest Rural Healthcare Conference, "A Classification System of Family Relationship Patterns", SLC, Utah
- 11th International Congress of Group Psychotherapy, "Dysfunctional Relationships in Depressed Children and their Families", (London, England)
- UAMFT, "Assessing Family Relationship Patterns", Park City, Utah
- Creekside Home Healthcare Seminar, "Managing Difficult Families", SLC, Utah
- Women's Mental Health Issues Conference, College of Nursing, University of Utah, "Managing Difficult Families", SLC, Utah
- IHC Rehabilitation Conference, "Working with Families with Physical Handicaps", SLC, Utah
- Second International Nursing Conference, "Managing Difficult Families: A Classification System of Family Relationship Patterns", Portland, Oregon
- Psychiatric Nursing Conference, "Borderline Personality Disorder", SLC, Utah
- Pediatric Grand Rounds: U of Utah, "Managing Difficult Families in a Pediatric Practice", SLC, Utah
- Sixth Biennial Training Institute of the National Center for Clinical Infant Programs, "A Classification System of Family Relationship Patterns", Washington, DC
- Utah Public Health Conference, "Eating Disorders", Park City, Utah
- VA Hospital Psychiatric Training, "Diagnosis & Treatment of Personality Disorders", SLC, Utah
- Rivendell Children & Youth Conference, "Eating Disorders in Children & Adolescents", SLC, Utah
- Utah Nurse Practitioner Conference, "Behavioral Interventions", Snowbird, Utah