I'm Katie Benns, an Associate Clinical Mental Health Counselor and graduate of Westminster College in Salt Lake City.
I provide individuals and couples the tools they need to communicate like never before. I can show you how to turn conflict into connection ... and, create a deep, loving bond that stands the test of time.
You CAN take fearless action and break free from a cycle of criticism and blame, even if it feels impossible. What if you could accept each other's faults with confidence and ease and feel fully loved and appreciated by your partner?
I want you and your relationship to flourish so you can live the life you've always wanted. It is possible!
"People change over time .. and so do their relationships. I help couples who've been together for a long time embrace their differences and live a life of fearless intimacy"
- Couples in their 40's and Beyond
- High Conflict Relationships
- Infidelity- Sexual or Emotional
- Sexual Problems
- Separation, Divorce and Remarriage
- LGBTQ -Relationship or Family Issues
- Move beyond depression and anxiety to feel better fast
- Post-partum Depression and Motherhood
- Bipolar Disorder, ADHD
- Love addiction, Drug or Alcohol Addiction
- Codependent Relationships
Please call me at 801-521-5068 for more information or to set up an appointment.
I'm Ashlee Thurston, an Associate Marriage and Family Therapist and graduate of the University of Oregon at Eugene.
I use a proven, research based approach that strengthens a couple's emotional connection and each partner's capacity for intimacy and growth.
I help busy, professional couples, couples with young children and couples who feel disconnected from their families or community. I also help millennial couples (born in late 70's through 2000) create happy, loving and committed relationships.
"Millennials are marrying later, and many experience divorce after only a few years. It's important to find a therapist who understands and can support their unique needs."
- Communication Problems
- Infidelity- Sexual or Emotional
- PreMarital Counseling, Newlywed Counseling
- Busy and Over-Whelmed Professional Couples
- Couples with a Newborn Baby
- Divided Families (Cultural or Religious Differences, Blended families)
- LGBTQ Couples
- Parenting issues with young children
- Navigating separation, divorce and remarriage
- Supporting "failure to launch" young adults and their families
- Depression or anxiety that impacts your relationship
- Lack of a sigificant relationship, or a painful relationship in your life
- Individuals who feel lost and are anxious about their future
Call 801-521-5068 for more information or to make an appointment.
Hello, I'm Margaret Thompson, a relationship therapist and founder of The Salt Lake Marital and Family Therapy Clinic. I specialize in helping individuals and couples resolve troubling relationship problems and interpersonal conflicts. The experience, skills and leading-edge techniques I use have helped individuals, couples and families for over 35 years.
I offer sensitive, straight-forward feedback within the first three visits. I'll help you feel happier and achieve the success you have always wanted in your life.
I can help you if you're experiencing self-doubt, depressed mood, relationship problems, or simply an overall dissatisfaction with life.
I provide a safe setting so you and your partner can resolve the issues and emotions that keep you apart. New communication allows you to build a deep and enduring connection, leaving negative habits behind.
Couple Therapy Specialties:
- High conflict relationships
- Marital dissatisfaction
- Infidelity- Sexual and Emotional
- Sexual Incompatibility & Lack of Sexual Desire
- Comprehensive Couples Assessments- 4 session assessment process
- Training, Supervision, Consultation
Teaching and Training
I provide clinical supervision and training for therapists and currently teach a couples therapy course for therapists across the United States and Canada. I've presented papers on relationships and attachment theory both nationally and abroad, taught graduate level courses and have published my clinical work.
Please call 801-521-5068 or email me at firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
Invited Papers & Talks
- Troubled Youth Conference, "Recovery from Eating Disorders", SLC, Utah
- Univ Neuropsychiatric Institute, "Object Relations Marital Therapy", SLC, Utah
- Jordan School District, "Managing Eating Disorders", SLC, Utah
- Mountainwest Rural Healthcare Conference, "A Classification System of Family Relationship Patterns", SLC, Utah
- 11th International Congress of Group Psychotherapy, "Dysfunctional Relationships in Depressed Children and their Families", (London, England)
- UAMFT, "Assessing Family Relationship Patterns", Park City, Utah
- Creekside Home Healthcare Seminar, "Managing Difficult Families", SLC, Utah
- Women's Mental Health Issues Conference, College of Nursing, University of Utah, "Managing Difficult Families", SLC, Utah
- IHC Rehabilitation Conference, "Working with Families with Physical Handicaps", SLC, Utah
- Second International Nursing Conference, "Managing Difficult Families: A Classification System of Family Relationship Patterns", Portland, Oregon
- Psychiatric Nursing Conference, "Borderline Personality Disorder", SLC, Utah
- Pediatric Grand Rounds: U of Utah, "Managing Difficult Families in a Pediatric Practice", SLC, Utah
- Sixth Biennial Training Institute of the National Center for Clinical Infant Programs, "A Classification System of Family Relationship Patterns", Washington, DC
- Utah Public Health Conference, "Eating Disorders", Park City, Utah
- VA Hospital Psychiatric Training, "Diagnosis & Treatment of Personality Disorders", SLC, Utah
- Rivendell Children & Youth Conference, "Eating Disorders in Children & Adolescents", SLC, Utah
- Utah Nurse Practitioner Conference, "Behavioral Interventions", Snowbird, Utah