Hello, I'm Margaret Thompson, founder of The Salt Lake Marital and Family Therapy Clinic. I help individuals and couples resolve interpersonal conflicts and troubling relationship problems. The experience, skills and leading-edge techniques I use have helped my clients for over 35 years.
I offer sensitive, straight-forward feedback within the first three visits. We work together to identify specific and actionable goals based on your unique relationship.
I can help you if you're experiencing self-doubt, depressed mood, relationship problems, or simply an overall dissatisfaction with life.
Couple Therapy Specialties:
- High conflict relationships
- Marital dissatisfaction
- Infidelity- Sexual and Emotional
- Sexual Incompatibility & Lack of Sexual Desire
- Comprehensive Couples Assessments- 4 session assessment process
- Training, Supervision, Consultation
Teaching and Training
I provide clinical supervision and training for therapists and currently teach a couples therapy course for therapists across the United States and Canada. I've presented papers on relationships both nationally and abroad, taught graduate-level courses, and have published my clinical work.
Please call 801-521-5068 or email me at email@example.com. I'd love to hear from you.
Invited Papers & Talks
- Troubled Youth Conference, "Recovery from Eating Disorders", SLC, Utah
- Univ Neuropsychiatric Institute, "Object Relations Marital Therapy", SLC, Utah
- Jordan School District, "Managing Eating Disorders", SLC, Utah
- Mountainwest Rural Healthcare Conference, "A Classification System of Family Relationship Patterns", SLC, Utah
- 11th International Congress of Group Psychotherapy, "Dysfunctional Relationships in Depressed Children and their Families", (London, England)
- UAMFT, "Assessing Family Relationship Patterns", Park City, Utah
- Creekside Home Healthcare Seminar, "Managing Difficult Families", SLC, Utah
- Women's Mental Health Issues Conference, College of Nursing, University of Utah, "Managing Difficult Families", SLC, Utah
- IHC Rehabilitation Conference, "Working with Families with Physical Handicaps", SLC, Utah
- Second International Nursing Conference, "Managing Difficult Families: A Classification System of Family Relationship Patterns", Portland, Oregon
- Psychiatric Nursing Conference, "Borderline Personality Disorder", SLC, Utah
- Pediatric Grand Rounds: U of Utah, "Managing Difficult Families in a Pediatric Practice", SLC, Utah
- Sixth Biennial Training Institute of the National Center for Clinical Infant Programs, "A Classification System of Family Relationship Patterns", Washington, DC
- Utah Public Health Conference, "Eating Disorders", Park City, Utah
- VA Hospital Psychiatric Training, "Diagnosis & Treatment of Personality Disorders", SLC, Utah
- Rivendell Children & Youth Conference, "Eating Disorders in Children & Adolescents", SLC, Utah
- Utah Nurse Practitioner Conference, "Behavioral Interventions", Snowbird, Utah