I'm Kari, a licensed clinical mental health counselor. "Building a loving, passionate and enduring marriage is one of the hardest things we do in our lives, and the most rewarding"
If you find yourself repeating negative patterns, feeling lonely in your relationship or unable to solve problems together, there is hope. I'll show you how to repair these issues, and more, so you can get your relationship back on track as soon as possible!
- Emotional Disconnection: if you feel isolated and cut-off from your partner
- Intense Conflict or Tension: or you don't feel safe emotionally
- Infidelity (sexual or emotional): managing the crisis of betrayal
- Sexual Problems: incompatibility, lack of desire, poor body image
- Difficult family relationships: with children, step-children, or in-laws
- LGBTQ: for non-traditional couples
Comprehensive Couple Assessments
I offer 4 session relationship assessments where we meet together, each alone one time and then together again to determine your relationship needs. I help you understand yourself, your partner and your relationship so you can identify problems and create your unique template for solving them.
Adults: The following problems are solveable with attachment-focused psychotherapy:
- Relationship Distress
- Feeling unable to cope with life
Teen Girls: (13-17) I love helping teenage girls ...
- Improve their self esteem
- Learn skills to be happier
- Solve relationship problems with friends or family
- Feel positive about their future
Please call 801-521-5068 to schedule an appointment.
Hello, I'm Katie Benns, an Associate Clinical Mental Health Counselor and graduate of Westminster College. I'm deeply committed to supporting the well-being of my clients and am passionate about providing quality care. Couples are the cornerstone of a family and a strong couple relationship provides the secure base family members need.
I'll show you and your partner how to repair your relationship problems and help you feel confident about your future together, as a couple and as a family.
I help couples manage the following relationship challenges:
- Relationship Distress ~ Resolve ongoing problems and negative emotions.
- Parenting Challenges ~ Strengthen your relationship bond.
- Addictions ~ Resolve substance abuse & co-dependency problems.
- Sexual Problems ~ Incompatibility, low desire, performance anxiety.
- Low Self-Esteem ~ Accept love in your life and believe you deserve it.
- Betrayal and Loss ~ Work through dificult emotions and feel happier than before.
- LGBTQ Issues ~ A safe space to explore relationship and life issues, what
I help individuals with the following:
- Depression, Anxiety, Stress ~ Sometimes even the simple things feel too much.
- Post-partum Depression ~ A serious problem for women that is frequently underdiagnosed & undertreated.
- Relationship Trauma ~ When attacment wounds from childhood are triggered.
- Bi-polar Disorder, ADHD ~ Relieve these symptoms and feel happier in your life.
Please call 801-521-5068 to set an appointment time.
Hello, I'm Margaret Thompson, a relationship therapist and founder of The Salt Lake Marital and Family Therapy Clinic. I specialize in helping individuals and couples resolve troubling relationship worries and interpersonal problems. The experience, skills and leading-edge techniques I use have helped individuals, couples and families for over 35 years.
I offer sensitive, straight-forward feedback within the first three visits. I'll help you feel happier and achieve the success you have always wanted in your life.
In addition, I teach therapists the art of couples therapy and currently offer training to hundreds of therapists throughout the United States and Canada.
I can help you if you're experiencing self-doubt, depressed mood, relationship problems, or simply an overall dissatisfaction with life.
I provide a safe setting so you and your partner can resolve the issues and emotions that keep you apart. New communication allows you to build a deep and enduring connection, leaving negative habits behind.
Couple Therapy Specialties:
I help couples who experience the following:
- High conflict relationships
- Marital dissatisfaction
- Infidelity- Sexual and Emotional
- Sexual Incompatibility & Lack of Sexual Desire
- Comprehensive Couples Assessments- 4 session assessment process
- Training, Supervision, Consultation
Teaching and Training
I provide clinical supervision and training for therapists and currently teach a couples therapy course for therapists across the country. I've presented papers on relationships and attachment theory both nationally and abroad, taught graduate level courses and have published my clinical work.
Please call 801-521-5068 or email me at email@example.com for more information.
Invited Papers & Talks
- Troubled Youth Conference, "Recovery from Eating Disorders", SLC, Utah
- Univ Neuropsychiatric Institute, "Object Relations Marital Therapy", SLC, Utah
- Jordan School District, "Managing Eating Disorders", SLC, Utah
- Mountainwest Rural Healthcare Conference, "A Classification System of Family Relationship Patterns", SLC, Utah
- 11th International Congress of Group Psychotherapy, "Dysfunctional Relationships in Depressed Children and their Families", (London, England)
- UAMFT, "Assessing Family Relationship Patterns", Park City, Utah
- Creekside Home Healthcare Seminar, "Managing Difficult Families", SLC, Utah
- Women's Mental Health Issues Conference, College of Nursing, University of Utah, "Managing Difficult Families", SLC, Utah
- IHC Rehabilitation Conference, "Working with Families with Physical Handicaps", SLC, Utah
- Second International Nursing Conference, "Managing Difficult Families: A Classification System of Family Relationship Patterns", Portland, Oregon
- Psychiatric Nursing Conference, "Borderline Personality Disorder", SLC, Utah
- Pediatric Grand Rounds: U of Utah, "Managing Difficult Families in a Pediatric Practice", SLC, Utah
- Sixth Biennial Training Institute of the National Center for Clinical Infant Programs, "A Classification System of Family Relationship Patterns", Washington, DC
- Utah Public Health Conference, "Eating Disorders", Park City, Utah
- VA Hospital Psychiatric Training, "Diagnosis & Treatment of Personality Disorders", SLC, Utah
- Rivendell Children & Youth Conference, "Eating Disorders in Children & Adolescents", SLC, Utah
- Utah Nurse Practitioner Conference, "Behavioral Interventions", Snowbird, Utah